I am a degreed, certified (PHR) and Bilingual Human Resource professional. I have over 10 years experience in Human Resources in both the private sector and the government sector. I have extensive experience in the manufacturing and construction and service industries and I am currently enrolled in the Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) program.
My greatest strengths are in Employee Relations, Affirmative Action, Strategic Planning, Leadership Training, Compliance, Employment Law, Counseling, Coaching, HR Management Training, Drug and Alcohol Training, SAP Training, Safety, Workers Comp. Recruiting, Workforce Development, Benefits and Staffing. I have extensive experience with job fairs, recruiting in the schools at all levels and development and presentation of industry awareness programs.
I understand and actualize a business organizations goal in forming a dynamic and successful team through quality recruiting and low turnover rates. I am a project-oriented person that can successfully prioritize and multitask multiple projects and finalize them in a timely fashion. I am an advocate of the team philosophy and I believe in leadership through positive actions and examples.
I have supervised from 2 people to 250 people in many different environments and I know what it takes to motivate and lead people. At the same time I have been responsible for HR issues for 800 plus employees. I believe in being out where the action is to ensure that the Human Resource and staffing objectives are being met with the employees, supervisors and managers while maintaining a priority interest for the organization-that is ensuring business objectives are being met.
Through research, community, and industry involvement, I keep current on all HR issues. I maintain an active World at Work, Dallas HR and SHRM affiliation, subscribe to numerous HR periodicals and newsletters, attend seminars and complete self-study courses to keep myself informed about current industry trends and issues. My current self-study project is reading leadership materials such as books by Rudolph Giuliani, Jack Welch, John Maxwell, Tom Landry and Joe Gibbs just to name a few. I am very skilled in many different computer programs and in researching relevant subjects.
Please feel free to contact me at home, by email or on my cell phone. I look forward to speaking with you at your convenience.
Jaime Vega, PHR
Jaime Vega, PHR
1120 MacArthur, #2507
Carrollton, TX 75007
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Human Resources Project Management is one of my strongest assets- in all of my positions I have been challenged to create, develop and lead numerous programs/projects. In each case, I accomplished all objectives on or under budget. I have experience in establishing Human Resource departments and have educated managers and supervisors on all aspects of employee relations, payroll, safety and company policies. I have a wealth of knowledge, wisdom and skills in all areas of Human Resources and I keep my colleagues and myself up-to-date on all current events and issues to ensure the organization is efficient and in compliance with all existing regulations and recommendations.
Human Resource Manager, Northwest Pipe Co.
- Perform Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) Training and ensure AAP policy and procedures are followed.
- Perform Drug and Alcohol Awareness Training and ensure policies and procedures are followed.
- Direct and manage performance review program to ensure that 150 exempt and non-exempt performance reviews were completed and entered in SAP HMS program.
- Performed SAP HRIS training for Mexico location.
- Created spreadsheets for performance reviews to provide analysis of ratings.
- Completed ISO audit and HR Audit with no discrepancies.
- Direct OSHA Focus Four training in Fall Protection, Struck-by, Caught-in and Electrical/Lock-out/Tag-out.
- Created and updated job descriptions for all positions.
- Provide Safety orientation training in Spanish and English for employees.
- Investigate sexual harassment and grievance complaints and provide recommendations to managers and directors in corporate office.
- Maintain and administer medical, dental, vision and life insurance records and submit monthly billings to vendors an accounts payable.
- Audit I-9, medical, training and personnel records for proper compliance.
- Perform orientation for all employees.
- Reduced turnover 50% in all departments.
- Source, screen, schedule and interview exempt and non-exempt candidates.
- Reduced workers comp claims 60% through education and awareness.
- Created, Interpreted and administered company handbook and recommended appropriate changes.
- Write articles for the company newsletter.
- Conduct surveys for all positions to ensure the organizations compensations plans are competitive with industry standards.
- Responsible for all payroll and SAP Human Resource Management System, for ensuring all employees were paid and that vacation and sick balances are properly maintained.
- Advise and train all managers and supervisors on Human Resource issues.
- Ensure COBRA requirements were being met.
Workforce Development Director, Associated Builders and Contractors
- Created, developed and directed a workforce development plan to enhance the image of the Construction industry, which contained over 20 individual programs/projects.
- Presented and submitted to Board of Directors for approval, I was appointed Project Manager for all programs.
- Created, submitted and applied for OSHA Susan Harwood Grant and became Project Director for the Grant.
- Performed recruiting, interviewing, marketing, public speaking, advertising, grant writing, and human resource planning for the North Texas region.
- Directed volunteer efforts for the Junior Achievement program for Dallas and Fort Worth.
- Advised members on human resource, retention, safety and health, visa, School-to-Careers, college intern, training, and awards programs.
- Served as committee liaison for Safety, Workforce Development, Education, School-to-Careers and Award Committees.
- Advisory Board member for School Districts.
- Project Director for Construction Site Safety Program. Planned and directed the industry awareness booth for the NASCAR events in North Texas. Advisory Committee member for 6 high schools in 3 Independent School Districts.
Human Resources Administrative Manager, Dal-Tile
- Recruited, Interviewed, and processed Exempt and Non-exempt Applicants for 5 manufacturing plants and 2 distribution centers.
- Temporary staffing liaison for 5 agencies overseeing 200 temporaries.
- Staffed construction, assembly, electricians and engineers for 3 construction projects within a 2 -year period that resulted in 3 high-tech facilities employing 300 people.
- Managed all personnel actions, transfers, terminations and promotions records administration for 700 plus associates.
- Conducted and managed orientation tours for all associates and executives.
- Managed the ADP/Kronos payroll and corrected discrepancies through software changes.
- Managed the Worker's Compensation and Safety and compensation program for five plants, which decreased claims by $2 million.
- Directed annual Job Fair and Family Day activities.
- Managed Employee Relations, Employee Benefits, EAP Tuition Assistance, Training, Testing and Intern and corporate orientation program.
- Responsible for payroll and benefits administration. Interpret, educate and convey company policies to all employees.
Teacher and Coach
Garland ISD, Plano ISD, and St John's High School
Human Resources/Account Manager Minor's Landscape
- Recruited, interviewed and processed exempt/non-exempt applicants for new office.
- Managed 100 commercial projects, assigned daily tasks to 40 crews and provided daily safety briefings in Spanish and English.
- Temporary staff agency liaison, drug testing, and uniform manager.
- Employee Relations, Orientation, Employee benefits liaison.
- Interpret and administer company policies.
Lieutenant U.S. Army Reserves
- Responsible for counseling of all Army personnel.
- Presidents Award for Physical Fitness.
Flight Chief-U.S. Air Force
- Responsible for all Human Resources issues including promotions, transfers, and training.
- Responsible for reviewing all performance reviews.
- Board member for promotion and award review boards
- Counseled Airmen on all personnel issues.
- Lead and supervised 10 Supervisors.
- Leader for 300 airmen.
- Responsible for 50 multi-million dollar aircraft.
- Public Affairs Liaison responsible for News Releases, newsletters and awards.
- Awarded Air Force Commendation Medal - Five Awards
- Awarded Air Force Achievement Medal recipient Two Awards.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
BS Wayland Baptist University
AAS Community College of the Air Force
Professional Human Resources (PHR) certification
University of Dallas Graduate School
American Red Cross CPR Certification
Society for Human Management (SHRM) certification Course
SHRM Legislative Seminar
SHRM Generalist Course
Ken Blanchard Building High Performance Teams Workshop
Dan Woolridge Succession Planning Seminar
Emotional Intelligence Seminar
Employment Law and Sexual Harassment Seminar
Kemper Worker's Compensation Seminar
How to Recruit Sales Managers Seminar
Charles Hughes Human Values Union Avoidance Seminar
Gordon Jackson Employee Relations Union Avoidance Seminar
National Center for Construction and Educational and
Research (NCCER) Train the Trainer Course
Occupational Health Services Drug and Alcohol Testing Training
Tap Root Safety Seminar
OSHA Focus Four Training
Situational Leadership 1 and 2
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
Dallas Human Resources Association Member
National Safety Council Member
World at Work Member
Habitat for Humanity Member
Air Force Sergeants Association Life Member
Bilingual / Spanish
Conversational Italian and Turkish
SAP, Kronos, ADP/ Hrizons HR Software
MS Word, Excel, Explorer Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint, Lotus
Self-Study numerous leadership books.